The Delaware County Historical Society presents
Notable Women from Delaware County
A Program Celebrating Six Women Who Advanced Delaware County and Our World
Wednesday, May 16 at 7pm – The Barn at Stratford
The Notable Women
- Joan (Wipf) Lawrence – Public Servant/Volunteer/Nurse
- Sophia (Birchard) Hayes [1792 to 1866] Businesswoman/Farmer
- Mary Frances (Alston) Austin [1856 to 1951] Artist/Nurse/Cook
- Harriet Calista (Clark) McCabe [1827 to 1919] Temperance Leader/Philanthropist
- Alva Janet Birdsell Dickey [1906 to 2002] Teacher/Military Decoder
- Nancy (Beatty) Frankenberg [1912 to 2002] Founder of many Social Service organizations
Come celebrate Notable Women of Delaware County by reliving the accomplishments and lives of six renowned, local women through storytelling, reenactments, and reminiscences.
A special highlight of the evening will be meeting a living legend, Joan Lawrence.
Visit the Notable Women Museum Exhibit
This program brings to life the Notable Women from Delaware County Exhibit currently featured at our Meeker Homestead Museum. Tours of the exhibit will be given at 6pm and 6:15pm and immediately following the program.
Reserve Your Seats
The program is free and open to the public, however there will be an opportunity to make a donation, which will help defray the operating expenses of the Society.
To ensure adequate seating, registration is strongly suggested for this program Click to Reserve Your Seats Now or call DCHS at 740-369-3831, ext. 3.
2690 Stratford Road at US Route 23, Delaware, OH
Click here for Directions and Map
This program is sponsored by
For more information,Programs@DelawareOhioHistory.org
or call 740-369-3831, ext. 3.
|740-369-3831||CRYDER HISTORICAL CENTER
NASH HOUSE MUSEUM
157 East William Street, Delaware
|MEEKER HOMESTEAD MUSEUM
THE BARN AT STRATFORD
2690 Stratford Road, Delaware