The Barn at Stratford Event Venue offers the unique experience of holding your special event in an authentic 1840s barn. Step back in time as your senses take in six acres of one of the earliest pioneer homesteads in Delaware County.
Maintained by the Delaware County Historical Society, The Barn at Stratford is a perfect Event Venue for:
- Weddings and Receptions – Ceremony, Photo Session, Reception, Rehearsal
- Corporate Events – Parties, Meetings, Training, Presentation, Exhibits, Receptions
- Celebrations – Birthday, Anniversary, Graduation, Retirement, and more
- Community Gatherings – Annual Meetings, Fund-Raisers, Programs, Exhibits
- Other Gatherings – Reunions, Funerals or Memorials
When you hold your event in The Barn’s rustic gallery, you’ll find its elegant, romantic, relaxed and cozy atmosphere will charm your guests and leave them with lasting memories of your celebration.
The Barn at Stratford includes:
- Rustic Barn Interior – 1840s exposed beams, original windows and stone walls
- 3700 Square Feet of climate controlled space
- Bistro Lighting spread over the entire barn gallery ceiling
- Tables and Chairs – Sit-down dinner seating for up to 175, up to 225 for meetings or cocktails
- Wireless microphone and speaker system
- Video Projection System and Screen and computer connections
- WiFi guest service
- Staging Facilities for catering
- Manicured Lawns – space to accommodate outdoor events and tents
- Gazebo – perfect as a Photo Booth, Podium, Bandstand, or Wedding Altar
- Ample Parking and Parking Attendant
The Barn at Stratford can accommodate a wide variety of seating arrangements. View The Barn floor plan with room sizes at Floor Plan.
To help with event planning, we maintain an Available Date Calendar. Please note the calendar only shows committed dates, other reservations may be pending.
Event Venue Pricing
Please Contact Us for Event Rates and Terms.
Table Linen Service
The Barn at Stratford is able to provide Table Linen Service, at a modest additional cost, for events held in our historic barn. You can see the rainbow of napkin colors and table linen sizes on our Table Linens Page.
Barn Partners – Event Service Providers
To help make your event exactly the success that you want, The Barn at Stratford has assembled a team of Barn Partners, service providers to work with you. You will find Caterers, Beverage specialists, florists, entertainment, event planners and more on the Barn Partner page.
You can find a list of nearby Accommodations (hotels and motels) at Visit Delaware County Ohio.
The Barn at Stratford – Event Services Providers
A successful event is a carefully orchestrated composition. The objective is the hosts and participants having an enjoyable and productive time. This is true for a business meeting as well as a birthday celebration or wedding. No matter the size or occasion a successful event requires planning and a team of skilled providers. The Barn at Stratford wants your event to be one that creates wonderful memories. We present here our Barn Partners, Event Services Providers for your consideration as part of your event team.
The Barn at Stratford will be pleased to work with you, or your planner, to assemble the team of service providers to make your event successful.
The Barn at Stratford floor plan has space to support a wide array of seating plans. That gives you the room to create just the environment you want to make your event outstanding.
- The Event Gallery supports a wide array of seating plans. That gives you the room to create just the environment you want to make your event outstanding.
- The raised Stage of the gallery is perfect for; a head table, musicians or performers, or an exhibit area. Alternatively, it can be used to maximize the seating capacity for sit-down dining.
- The West Gallery can provide a separated space for imaginative uses such as a Beverage bar, wine bar, or cookie bar, photo booth, a screening room for your videos, or a conversation area.
- The Entry has ample room for reception or registration tables.
- The Coat/Activity Room can accommodate coat racks or can host kids activities or caricature artist.
- The Prep Kitchen is equipped to give food and beverage providers the support they need to freshly serve appropriately hot and cold cuisine.
The Barn at Stratford will be pleased to work with you, or your planner, to prepare a custom floor plan that reflects the size, activities, and style of your event.
The Barn at Stratford Style Photo Gallery
The Style Photo Gallery presents to you a variety of decorating styles and ideas for your consideration in planning you event. There is an incredibly wide variety of decorating ideas and options. Plan your decorating within your choice of style, color, effort/budget.
We use style to comprise ideas such as: Formal, Casual, Rustic, Beach, Elegant, Fanciful, Playful, Solemn. Think about the words that you would use to describe the tone of your event and you will be defining the event’s style.
Some styles imply their own colors, like at “White Wedding” or a “Black Tie Affair”, but most styles leave open the choice of colors in the decor and in participant dressing. There are warm colors (such as Orange, Yellow, Red) and cool colors (Blue, White Black).
Effort and Budget are often tied together; you can spend money to purchase creative decorating with little effort, or you can use effort and creativity in place of a larger budget
The Barn at Stratford Barn Wedding Style
Formal style with white linens and crystal
The Barn at Stratford is pleased to announce we are able to provide Table Linen Service, at a modest additional cost, for events held in our historic barn. Now there is one more item that we can take from your wedding or other event to-do list.
Our Venue Manager can assist you in creating a custom palette for your event from the rainbow of colors in our Napkin Color Chart that is perfect for your event.
Napkin Color Chart
The foundation of Table Decorating is a carefully chosen set of table linens in just the right colors for your event. The table setting typically include table covers for each table and one or more napkins per person at the table. For decoration you may need more napkins to create a special effect, or to include with centerpieces.
Our Venue Manager can work with you and your seating/floor plan to assemble to sizes and quantities you will need to create that special look that you have always imagined.
The Table Linen Sizes and Colors Chart below shows the size/color combinations which are readily available. Other choices may require a special order.
Table Linen Sizes and Colors
Your Table Linen selections will be ordered for you and delivered directly to the Barn for your event. Each piece is freshly laundered and pressed so it is crisp and ready to adorn your tables and dazzle your guests. After the event it could not be easier, just gather up the linens and leave them at the Barn. Getting the right Table Linens for your event could not be easier.
The Barn at Stratford will be pleased to work with you, or your planner, to prepare a table linen plan that coordinates wonderfully with your special colors, and fits the seating plan you have chosen. Tell us about your colors and your plans.
Welcome to the The Barn at Stratford Virtual Tour Gallery.
Here we will try to give you a visit to our Historic 1840s Barn and Homestead in Delaware Ohio.
Aerial Virtual Tour of The Barn at Stratford
[iframe id=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/kevABM1f1Y0?rel=0&showinfo=0″ align=”center” mode=”normal” maxwidth=”853″ grow=”yes”]
Now that you’ve seen The Barn at Stratford use the top menu to find all the information you need about having your event in our historic property. Better yet, send a message to our Venue Manager with your event ideas.
Welcome to The Barn at Stratford Visual Tour
Here you will find photos of our historic 17th century property.
The photos are grouped to provide you a preview before you visit.
The Meeker Homestead Grounds
We hope you have enjoyed your preview, now Contact Us to see us in person.
Weddings & Receptions
The fee for holding a Wedding and/or Reception runs from $3000 to $5500
For the pricing of your Wedding & Reception Plans Contact Us
Events such as: anniversary, retirement, graduation parties, family and class reunions.
The fee for holding special occasions is $175 – $225/per hour Sunday – Thursday.
For other days, and pricing of your Special Occasion Contact Us
Events such as: Meetings, Seminars, Networking, Celebrations, Fund Raisers, Exhibitions.
The fee for holding corporate events is $175 – $225/per hour Monday – Friday.
For pricing of your Corporate Event Contact Us