The beautiful grounds surrounding our wedding venue allow for outside weddings and receptions. The rustic interior of the historic barn gallery can host your ceremony and reception in year-round comfort. The generous space of the barn gallery allows for sit down dinners for up to 175. Patrons will have access to catering prep- kitchen, bathrooms, bridal changing area space and room for a dance floor and DJ.
Our Venue Includes
- Rustic Barn Interior – 1840s exposed beams, original windows and stone walls
- Bistro Lighting above the entire barn gallery
- Ceremony Assistant: will organize, time & coordinate your individual event!
- 3700 Square Feet of climate controlled space
- Tables and Chairs – Sit-down dinner seating for up to 175, up to 225 for cocktails
- Wireless microphone and speaker system
- Video Projection System and Screen and computer connections
- WiFi guest service
- Bridal Dressing Suite
- Staging Facilities for catering
- Manicured Lawns – space to accommodate outdoor weddings and tents
- Gazebo and Popular Willow Tree are available with the wedding package
- Ample Parking and Parking Attendant
- Carriage House: ideal for catering station, bartending or other activities.
*fees may apply*
- Private guided tour of The Meeker Homestead museum
- Custom linen service to suit your colors & style. Click here to see!
- Officiants are available for all faiths & traditions
- Bridal suite: have fun upgrading with gourmet food delivery, flowers, beverages, you name it!
- Wedding Concierge: your personal assistant for that day & make sure your family & party have everything they need.
- Outdoor speakers
- Cabaret tables for indoor & outdoor use
- Did we miss anything? Just give us your wish list & we’ll make it happen!
~ THE Micro Wedding ~
Micro-Weddings are a growing trend for today’s couples. Many couples are looking for an intimate ceremony. Micro-weddings are ideal for couples on a tight budget without sacrificing the style that adds to your moment.
The Barn at Stratford knows a thing or two about moments in history. Our beautiful venue is owned by the Delaware County Historical Society. Every event, large or small supports historical education and preservation in our community.
Is Micro-Wedding right for you?
- Have you ever considered a destination wedding, but long-distance travel was difficult for your loved ones?
- Do you want a celebration that is both intimate and affordable?
- Do you fear the stress of planning a “traditional” wedding?
Micro-Wedding Package details:
- 3-hour use of our entire property including your location choice of river-front, willow tree, gazebo, barn side, or museum parlor.
- Chairs for outdoor seating for up to 30 guests, tables linens and rustic centerpieces for 4 guest tables and 1 sweetheart table.
- Flowers for the couple, photographer, artisan cake, officiant, music and ceremony planning consultation.
Don’t forget to add the extras!
Our local horse & carriage service will create quite the 1st impression. This lovely addition will be the prefect complement to the history of having an event at The Barn & Meeker are all about.
Frequently ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I secure my date with The Barn at Stratford?
A $500.00 deposit is required to hold your date
How and when do I make payments?
You will be mailed an invoice for the first half of your wedding 180 days before the event. The final payment will be sent 90 days before the event. Payments can either be made online through the invoice link or by check made payable to The Delaware County Historical Society.
When will my rehearsal take place?
Rehearsals can take place any time between 9:00am and 5:00pm. Plan a rehearsal dinner in the museum or at the barn for a discounted rate after 5PM! All subject to availability, so call today!
Can I use any caterer?
We are open to all catering partners, caterers not on our preferred list will be asked to pay $250 fee & follow the venue’s Catering agreement.
What does a typical 12 hour wedding day at The Barn at Stratford look like?
11:00am – 1:00 pm Arrive to The Barn to decorate for the ceremony/reception
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm Bridal party prep and photo
3:00 pm – 3:30 pm Ceremony
4:00 pm – 5:00 pm Cocktail hour/bridal party photos
5:00 pm – 6:30 pm Wedding party announced/toasts/dinner
6:30 pm – 9:30 pm Cut the cake and dancing
9:30 pm Last call at the bar
10:00pm Reception ends
10:00pm – 11:00 pm Tear down & clean up